Here are some tips for before your waxing services!
1. Hair should at least be a 1/4 of an inch long before waxing.
2. Exfoliate before your appointment to loosen up the dead skin cells and any “trapped” hairs. If you have time it’s always to do it the day of the appointment, if not the day before is good as well.
3. Consider Taking Tylenol or Advil 45 mins before your appointment. Especially if it’s in a particularly sensitive area or you know that you have a lower pain tolerance. Be careful not to take medications like Motrin before your appointment, because those are blood thinners.
4. Stop Using products like Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, or Highly concentrated AHA’s a week before your appoint. (If on Accutane or similar products stay clear of waxing for at least a year)
5. Try not to shave between waxes! If there are some stray hairs that bother you then tweeze the area before using a razor.
6. Do not apply any moisturizers, oils, or lotions after showering and immediately heading to your appointment. The oils in the product will prevent the wax from adhering to the hairs.
7. For Female Clients: During the menstral cycle the feeling of pain is more intense so make sure to time your appointments around your cycle.
Avoid the sun for 48 hours after waxing, the skin of that area will be extra sensitive and more likely to sun burn.
To prevent ingrown hairs exfoliate regularly between waxing appointments to prevent any dead skin build up to block in the hairs when growing out.